Physics (11-14) eBook
1 x Physics (11-14) eBook
This eBook, supplied on CD-ROM, contains:
- The full eBook (PDF) of all the experiment worksheets and teachers notes.
- Every worksheet and teacher note as a separate PDF
37 practical datalogging activities designed to cover data logging opportunities in teaching the core Physics curriculum from entry up to the GCSE years.
Setup files to match these experiments are included in the Free EasySense software.
With comprehensive teacher's notes, these teaching materials cover the cover the main themes of:
- Nature of electricity and circuits.
- Introductory kinematics (velocity, acceleration)
- Levers and pulleys
- Floating and sinking.
See More Info for the full list
The range of practical experiments are:
- Comparing fuels
- Electricity from water power
- Electricity from wind
- Making electricity from sunlight
- How hot does the water get from the sun?
- What changes current in a circuit?
- How does adding lamps in series affect the current?
- Can you use bulb brightness to measure current?
- Electric current in circuits – Series circuits
- Electric current in circuits – Parallel circuits
- Electric current in circuits – Current and voltage in series circuits
- Fuses – Do fuses blow at their rated current?
- Fuses – What happens if an over current is applied?
- What decides if something floats or sinks?
- How does up thrust change as an object sinks further into a liquid?
- Up thrust and floating
- How do different materials stretch?
- Investigating friction – static friction
- Investigating friction – dynamic friction
- How does the strength of an electromagnet vary with an increasing current?
- How does coiling a wire affect the strength of the electromagnet?
- What happens if an alternating current is used to make an electromagnet?
- How does the intensity of light change with the distance from the light?
- What happens to the brightness of a bulb as voltage is changed?
- Long wires, less power?
- Speed of sound – by reflection
- Speed of sound – by time difference between two sensors
- Measuring the speed of sound in air
- Measuring speeds on a runway
- Average speeds/velocity
- How does the angle of a slope affect the speed of a cart rolling down it?
- Energy and heat
- Induction in a coil
- Forces in levers
The sensors used include:
- Temperature (3100)
- Voltage (3160 or 3160-12 and 3162)
- Current (3165 and 3166 and 3167)
- Light Level (3124 or 3122, 3120)
- Force (3143)
- Motion (3270)
- Light Gates (3250)
- Magnetic field (3170)
- Sound Level (3175)
- Wire Coil (3173)