Chemistry (11-14) eBook
1 x Chemistry (11-14) eBook
This eBook, supplied on CD-ROM, contains:
- The full eBook (PDF) of all the experiment worksheets and teachers notes.
- Every worksheet and teacher note as a separate PDF
21 useful datalogging activities support the core Chemistry curriculum for this age group.
Setup files to match these experiments are included in the Free EasySense software.
The range of practical activities are:
- How hot can water get?
- Measuring pH values
- What is the pH value of water?
- Comparing the effectiveness of antacids
- A chemical reaction using 2 chemicals found in the home
- What happens when an alkali is mixed with an acid?
- What happens to pH when sodium hydroxide is added to hydrochloric acid?
- Burning a fossil fuel
- Hot and cold reactions
- Does mass change in a chemical reaction?
- Using mass loss to see how quickly a reaction takes place
- Rate of reaction: Marble chips and hydrochloric acid
- What happens when salt dissolves in water?
- Heat of vaporization of a liquid
- Hydrogen bonding, identifying through evaporation
- Citrus power
- What happens to the mass as a fuel is burnt?
- Good and bad conductors
Chemistry with EasySense (Age 11-14) eBook
The sensors used include:
- pH sensor (3125PK)
- Temperature (3100)
- Current (3165 or 3166)
- Voltage (3160 or 3160-12)
- Drop Bubble Counter (3266)
- Oxygen sensor (3130PK)
- Humidity (3145)
- Top-pan Balance and Adaptor (3060 or 3065)