Sensor Range Information:
- Cumulative counts
0 – 1,000
- Counts per second
- Revs per minute
- Revs per second
- Wind Speed (Anemometer)
- Rain fall (Rain gauge)
- Speed (Spoked pulley)
- Distance (Spoked pulley)
The Count/Tachometer adaptor counts electrical pulses (the number of times a change in a digital signal occurs). What it counts will depend on the device attached to the adaptor.
The Count/Tachometer contains the calibration for 11 different ranges making this a very versatile sensor for a wide range of investigations e.g. recording wind speed, rain fall, revolutions per minute, counts per second and more.
There are two sockets for connecting devices to the Count/Tachometer.
1. A mini din socket, which will accept any Data Harvest Smart Q digital sensor e.g. Light gate with or without Spoked pulley, Crocodile clip lead set, Push button reaction switch, Timing mats set.
2. A jack socket, which can be used with a switch type device, connected via a 3.5 mm jack plug e.g. an Anemometer, Rain Gauge, Foot switch, proximity (magnetic) switch, push-to-make switch, pressure mats, etc.
Use the Count/Tachometer adaptor to:
- Measure distances and speed of a road bicycle or Dynamics cart
- Newton’s 2nd Law
- Attach an Anemometer and Rain gauge to make the core of a logging weather station
- Use with switches to count events
- Study circular motion
- Use it as trigger for other sensors e.g. start recording once the door is opened
No additional information.