Sensor Range Information:
- 0 – 50 W/m2
- (Resolution <0.04 W/m2 )
- 0 - 5 W/m2
- (Resolution <0.004 W/m2 )
- 0 – 500 mW/m2
- (Resolution <0.4 mW/m2 )
This multi-range sensor is sensitive to both UVA and the harmful UVB band of the spectrum, and allows topical investigations into the efficiency of suntan creams, UV protection of clothes etc.
- UV protection of clothing
- Investigating the UV variations along a fluorescent tube v light output
- Testing suntan creams and sunglasses
- Fluorescent rocks and dyes
- Investigating the effect of cloud cover on UV measurements
This sensor is sensitive to both UVA and UVB (215 nm to 387 nm, 0.215 - 0.387 microns). It has a maximum spectral sensitivity at 300 nm. The slow response ranges are the most commonly used for UV investigations.
The response has been smoothed to remove rapid fluctuations of UV. The fast range is useful for showing mains frequency UV fluctuations. These variations in UV intensity can be a source of interference for general work.