Temperature - High (K-Type)
Sensor Range Information:
- -200°C to 1000°C
- (Resolution: 1°C)
The wide temperature range of this sensor enables it to be used in a variety of experiments e.g. melting points and flame profiles.
- Profile of a Bunsen flame
- Comparing the temperature of different flames e.g. candles
- Melting point of copper, bismuth or other solids
- Temperature of dry ice or liquid air
- What temperature does popcorn pop?
This sensor comprises a SmartQ Thermocouple adaptor and a 'Type K' thermocouple.
The adaptor is equipped with a micro controller that greatly improves the accuracy, precision and consistency of readings by using a 40-point linearization of the Thermocouple characteristic.
The thermocouple junction is housed at the end of the 200 x 3mm stainless steel sheath.
A replacement K-Type Thermocouple (3107) is available.