1 x Capacitor investigation
This apparatus provides a self-contained unit to enable students to study the charge and discharge characteristics of a capacitor. A favourite practical of A level physics made easy.
Let the student's ability shine through and not be hidden by a tangle of wires, connectors and wrongly chosen components.
From opening the box to first results in less than 5 minutes. With everyone in a class using the same apparatus, the potential for group study is very high.
Investigate time constants, resistance and time constants, charge stored and energy stored on a capacitor.
Quick easy collection of data for those stretch and challenge extensions.
Use with a (smoothed or regulated) d.c. power supply or with the LAS0009 Battery pack/supply and 3 x 1.5 V cells
- Fixed 10,000 uF capacitor and 470 ohm resistor.
- Colour coded sockets for 4 mm plugs.
- Two blue sockets allow additional resistors to be connected in parallel to the fixed resistor.
- Overlay (under a protective screen) shows the electrical circuit and connection points for a Voltage and Current sensor (or Voltmeter and Ammeter).
- Connection points for a power supply - up to 12 volts d.c maximum.
- A protection diode (not shown on the unit's circuit diagram) ensures that reverse polarity of a supply cannot damage the capacitor.
Dimensions 170 x 90 x 60 mm. Mass 0.3 kg