Capacitor investigation pack
This pack contains the Lascells Capacitor investigation, a ±12 V Smart Q Voltage sensor and a ±100 mA Smart Q Current sensor. Combine this pack with a data logger to make a favourite practical of A level physics easy.
Let the student's ability shine through and not be hidden by a tangle of wires, connectors and wrongly chosen components. From opening the box to first results in less than 5 minutes. With everyone in a class using the same apparatus, the potential for group study is very high. Investigate time constants, resistance and time constants, charge stored and energy stored on a capacitor. Quick easy collection of data for those stretch and challenge extensions.
This is a special version of Lascalls standard Capacitor investigation modified especially for data logging (has a time constant of 4 seconds).
Use with a (smoothed or regulated) d.c. power supply or with the LAS0009 Battery pack/supply and 3 x 1.5 V cells.
Capacitor investigation (LAS0001)
- Fixed capacitor and resistor.
- Colour coded sockets for 4 mm plugs.
- Two blue sockets allow additional resistors to be connected in parallel to the fixed resistor.
- Overlay (under a protective screen) shows the electrical circuit and connection points for a Voltage and Current sensor (or Voltmeter and Ammeter).
- Connection points for a power supply - up to 12 volts d.c maximum.
- A protection diode (not shown on the unit's circuit diagram) ensures that reverse polarity of a supply cannot damage the capacitor.
Voltage sensor (3160 -12)
Measures ±12 V potential difference across any component for both DC and low voltage AC circuits. The 4 mm plugs attach to most of the standard available electronic kits.
Current sensor (3166)
Measures ±100 mA. The 4 mm plugs attach to most of the standard available electronic kits.