Vu Timing Ramp Set
Vu Timing Ramp Set | Order No. 2340
Sensor Range Information:
1x Timing Ramp Set
This exciting addition to the Vu data logger gives a low cost complete solution to allow students to study time, speed and the effect of friction.
This set has
- A 1 m high simple adjustable ramp with four height adjustment positions
- Four slope surfaces with different levels of friction.
- A car that has space for weights (not supplied).
- 2 magnet proximity switches which fit into two holes in the ramp and will connect to a Vu data logger
- A magnet which is attached to the underside of the cart using the sticky pads supplied.
The Switches will detect the magnet /car as it travels down the ramp. This change can be used to record:
- The Time the car took to travel from switch A to B
- Its Speed between A and B (by entering the distance from switch A to switch B)
- Acceleration between A and B (by entering the length of the magnet)
Both the Vu LCD screen and the PC screen can show both time and speed results. The whole class can be involved in active and engaging practical experiments.
NOTE: The switches in this set are only suitable for use with the Vu data logger.
Each switch has a lead approximately 90 cm long with a plug at one end and the magnetic proximity switch at the other end.
The rectangular magnet is 19 mm x 49 mm x 5 mm thick.
The ramp is supplied as a flat pack.
- 1 m long wooden ramp, full width 18.5 cm
- A stand with four slope positions (total stand height 46 cm)
- 4 different surfaces to show the effect of friction (1 m long and 14 cm wide)
- A wooden car with space for weights (approx. 17.5 cm long x 11.5 cm wide)
- Assembly instructions
There are a total of 1 resource items below
User Manuals and Documentation
Doc: do240 | Issue 2